Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Exploring more options in Freelancing - Translation


Freelancing is one of the best income source in online as per my experience. There are many other sources but it is what given me the initial confidence to start. If you explore in Freelance sites you will find a lot of projects which can help us in making good money online. 

Even though my Video editing career is going well, I have started exploring other options in freelancing. Translation is one of the best option I have found. I have read about translation and explored on this work. 

I have explained in detail about Translation in my previous posts and provided links to tools which will be helpful for only Indian languages. You can find tools online for other languages. I suggest translation as a best freelancing Career if you are not confident about any specific skill. If you have good knowledge on any two languages you can be a translator. 

I have got my first translation project in ODESK. In Translation it is easy to get a project because Clients will test your skill with samples. My client have provided the sample work to me and I have done it well and got selected for this project. 

My first Translation project is to translate Web content of a well known online portal. I did well and completed the project. I have got best reviews and great feedback on my work. The initial feedback helped me a lot in next projects. I worked for him for quiet some time and started looking for other clients.

After getting good experience, I got quiet a good payments. Initially I used to translate 800 to 1500 words per day and as I am getting experience I easily translated 2500 to 4000 words per day. Later I got a call from a Translation Company and got selected. The experts in this company helped me a lot in enhancing my skill in Translation. After Six months I have left the job as I am not happy with Salary.

I started my Career again as a Freelancing Translator and I easily made 2 to 3 times more than my salary in that Translation company. I got expertise in different translation fields so easily gained good number of Clients. 

In Translation, the Clients will retain us if we can maintain good quality. I feel Translation is an Art of language. If you take it seriously, you can make a great career with it. 

I can say Translation have paid me better than Video Editing. This is may be my skill is limited in Video editing. However you can make Good money in any field you are skilled.

However in Translation you will be paid for what you have done. The more words you translate, the more money you can make. Continuously working with keyboard and sitting for hours have made me somewhat boring. So I have decided to start exploring for MORE MONEY.

No comments:

Post a Comment